GVC Holdings PLC (LSE:GVC) is a multinational sports betting and gaming group operating through online and retail channels. Incorporated in the Isle of Man, GVC is a constituent member of the FTSE 100 with its shares traded on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
Through a combination of organic growth and M&A, the Group has expanded rapidly in recent years to become one of the world’s largest listed sports betting and gaming groups. On 28 March 2018 GVC completed the acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC, the Group’s first move into retail operations. This came two years after the acquisition of the international online operator, bwin.party digital entertainment plc, in 2016.
The Group owns some of the gaming industry’s leading brands including sports betting-led brands Ladbrokes, bwin, Coral and Sportingbet as well as games-led brands such as Gala, partypoker, PartyCasino and Foxy Bingo. In addition the Group provides online gaming services on a B2B basis to a number of third-party operators such as MGM in the US, PMU in France and Danske Spil in Denmark.
The enlarged GVC Group, generates revenues of over £3 billion annually with a workforce of c.28,000 employees and contractors, in offices and betting outlets across five continents. The Group is focused on regulated markets, with over 90% of revenues now derived from regulated and/or taxed markets and holds licences in more than 20 jurisdictions.
- Member of the FTSE 100
- Licenced in more than 20 jurisdictions
- Offices in 18 territories across five continents
- c.28,000 permanent employees and fixed-term contractors
- Our brands have a combined heritage of over 250 years
In the 2017 financial year, prior to the acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral, GVC:
- Generated €925.6m of NGR and €239.5m of Clean EBITDA from continuing operations
- Reported adjusted profit before tax of €178.2m
- Processed €3.9bn of sports wagers from continuing operations
- Highly scalable and robust platform
- Proprietary sportsbook, casino, poker and bingo software
- >90% of 2017 revenues processed derived through own platform
- Best in class IT Management
- c1,000 IT people
- More than 20 major established B2C gaming brands
- The UK’s leading high street bookmaker with >3,500 betting shops under the Ladbrokes and Coral brands
- Over 900 games offered online
- Bets accepted in 21 languages, and 19 currencies