We are a low-impact company, but we are not complacent and we monitor our environmental performance by measuring the water and energy we consume, the amount of physical waste we produce and the amount of CO2 gas we produce through air travel.
We currently monitor these impacts from our six main offices and plan to roll out monitoring across our locations this year.
Key metrics for 2017 show that:
- A total of 4,493 air flights taken by employees (2016: 3,554) which produced an estimated 1,199 metric tonnes of CO2 (2016: 865 metric tonnes).
- Our highest energy consumption resulted from our seven data centres, which consumed 5.4 million KWh of electricity in total (2016: eight data centres 8.4 million KWh).
- On average, each full time employee in our six main offices every month used:
- 225 KWh of electricity (2016: 289KWh)
- 520 litres of water (801 litres)
- produced 5.2kg of waste (2016: 6.5kg of waster)
- Used 130 garms of paper (2016: n/a)
Our approach to the environment and the community goes beyond our own business. Our suppliers’ corporate responsibility agenda relating to the environment is also assessed before we enter into contractual arrangements.
We believe that by aligning our interests we can make a contribution towards sustaining our environment.