Although we’re a low-impact company, we aren’t complacent and recognise that we have the following main environmental aspects:
- Greenhouse gas emissions from energy use and transport.
- Physical wastes from offices, shops and stadia.
- Other environmental risks associated with our day-to-day activities.
- Sustainability choices, especially in terms of our supply chain and transport.
We monitor these impacts each year and have objectives and targets set to reduce them. This includes a target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 15% over the period 2018 to 2021.
Key metrics for 2018 show that:
- We used almost 149 million kWh of energy (electricity, gas and fuel oil), a reduction from almost 171 million kWh (13%) compared to 2017.
- Our net carbon footprint reduced by around 24% between 2017 and 2018.
- The transport we use released a total of approximately 5,900 tonnes of CO2.
- On average, each of our colleagues used 467 kWh of electricity per month.
Our approach to the environment and the community goes beyond our own business. Our suppliers’ corporate responsibility agenda relating to the environment is also assessed before we enter into contractual arrangements.
We believe that by aligning our interests we can make a contribution towards sustaining our environment.
Our Environmental policy statement is available to download here.