At GVC, we are committed to being leaders in responsible betting and gaming practice. Maintaining a reputation for fairness and integrity and strengthening our customer focus are all vital to growing our business. Our approach to safer gambling ensures that we maintain best practice standards across the business and, where possible, the industry as a whole. GVC is fully aligned with the UK Gambling Commission’s principal objectives to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open, and children and vulnerable people are protected. We commit to these objectives across the whole of our business wherever we operate.
Providing an exciting and fair leisure experience
Gambling is an exciting adult leisure pursuit and we want our customers to enjoy betting and gaming with us. Our customers come from all economic groups and are all over the world. At GVC, we are committed to offering the best customer experience and so we put customers at the heart of our business, providing them with an enjoyable, efficient, secure, fair and socially responsible service. All our employees are trained to support this commitment, and to check our performance, we continually seek the views of our customers and encourage feedback.
Changing for the Bettor
To help us meet these objectives, in 2019 we unveiled our new global safer gambling strategy Changing for the Bettor, which is comprised of seven core pillars as set out below:
- Understanding the problem and best solutions – Including today’s announcement of a five-year, multi-million pound project with the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
- Educate our key stakeholders – Including the national roll out of youth education programmes with the charity GamCare in the UK – the largest project of its kind in the UK, as well as a state-school awareness campaign with EPIC Risk Management.
- Promote responsible attitudes – leading the industry in recently agreeing a ban on pre-watershed gambling adverts on television, around live sports.
- Empower customers – Rolling out a framework across the business to predict ‘markers of harm’ among customers in all UK facing parts of the business.
- Fund treatment for those in need – Doubling our donation to research, education and treatment on problem gambling to 0.2% of gross gaming revenue (GGR).
- Championin responsible product design – Developing responsible product design principles.
- Drive cultural change within our business – Ensuring that a safer gambling approach underpins all aspects of our business.
For more detail on the actions we are taking to bring this strategy to life click here.