This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any information We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By visiting www.gvc-plc.com (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience all of the interactive features on Our Site.
To configure Our cookies and those of third parties, users can go to:
- Google Chrome: Tools → Settings → Show advanced settings → Content settings → Cookies → Block third-party cookies and site data.
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools → Options → Privacy → History→ Use custom settings for history (uncheck all boxes).
- Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options → Privacy → Settings for the Internet Zone (move the navigation bar up to “Block all cookies”).
- Safari: Settings → Preferences → Privacy → Block cookies (select “always”)
- Safari (IOS): Settings → Safari → Block cookies
4. INFORMATION USE
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data (the registration form or careers form);
- to notify you about changes to Our service;
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
5. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
- Any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site;
- credit or reference agencies for the purpose of verification of your personal information where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.